Friday, April 1, 2011

We're finished moving--April Fools...

Yeah, we're still working on getting everything out. We made SUPER progress today. I had previously been overwhelmed by the idea of cleaning out the closet and Dan was gracious enough to brave it for me while I steadily packed other things around the apartment. The closet is almost completely cleaned out (2 small boxes left) and later tonight we'll take our bed frame apart so that when our friend comes tomorrow with his truck we'll be ready. I'm trying to get done what I can today because I have to work tomorrow at my other job and won't be home until at least 1600. The bed is definitely going to the house tomorrow and with the bed going over, that means WE are going over too, if anything is left by tomorrow night, it will be little stuff. I'm hoping to spend today and tomorrow cleaning so there's not much left to do once everything is out. This involves me borrowing my parents vacuum because ours sucked up too much rabbit hair.

We won't have internet at the house until Tuesday because we forgot to tell Comcast we were moving and that's the earliest they could come out. I'm ok with that because there will be plenty of unpacking left to do (although it will be done in small stages until the carpet gets installed), we've got hundreds of DVDs, and I have knitting. I'm excited because we don't have other bills, we decided to upgrade to "real" cable and will have the basic package. I'll have History Channel, Discovery, and Comedy Central again--all we have right now is "glorified rabbit ears" because it was cheaper to get that in a combo with the internet than it was to get internet by itself.

Dan found this moose while going through boxes that were in the closet. I think I bought it for him originally, but since VJC changed their name to Stevenson, I've been grabbing up anything that still says Villa Julie on it, including Bulwinkle here. I'm not sure where I'll put him at the house, but I will definitely find a place.

At the very least, it looks like we'll definitely be done in the apartment by the time I have to go back to work on Monday, if not earlier. I'd really, really just like to spend Saturday and Sunday cleaning, but realistically there will probably still be things to move over Saturday when I'm done working.

No comments:

Post a Comment