Saturday, April 9, 2011

A handful of Norsemen

There's a song called "Ikea" by an artist name Jonathan Coulton and it's hilarious. My favorite line is "with some oak and some pine and a handful of Norsemen." I love Ikea and have had several things saved on my shopping list for when we moved into the house and got paychecks in order. Today we actually had time to go to Ikea and make a big trip. We got shelves for the kitchen (super excited about those), a wardrobe for me (which can't get put together until the carpet gets put in because of its size), and this adorable clock. My mom gave me money for a housewarming present and we also got a coupon that basically paid for the clock. Intending to go in and only get exactly what was on my list and not make impulse purchases, changes did have to be made based on what the store had in stock. Several changes were made, but the only impulse buy was batteries for the clock because I didn't know if I would be able to find the ones we had at the house (they could still be packed somewhere), everything else that varied from the original list was something that changed from one thing to another. I changed from a larger size of something to a smaller size for instance. I only added an additional thing for my wardrobe, but my downsize choices enabled me to stay inside my budget and I actually came in under budget when we got to the register! I was very happy about that, I almost never come in under budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment