Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIPW: Sunshine When Skies Are Gray

 Last week I CO the Porcellana Cowl. I won a skein of Malabrigo at Eat.Sleep.Knit's store earlier this month and I chose the lace weight in their happy Sauterne colorway. As soon as Knit Picks released the cowl pattern, I knew that's what I wanted to knit the Malabrigo into! I don't get much time to work on it, though this week I made more progress than last because I brought it into work to knit while I pump. I had a bumpy start, which I also did with my Peacock Shawl last year, though this was not nearly as frustrating. Initially, I had a dropped YO or two, frogged once and restarted. My second attempt was much better, my first hiccup was just not reading the chart and stitches quite right, after that it was just a missed YO but because I already had a few rows established, I was able to find where it was supposed to go and pick it up. I finished row 11 (12 rows in the repeats) at my last pump session of the day, so the pattern you see is what repeats 37 more times, oy!

I'm happy to show off Molly again! Substantial progress was made in the car driving from MD to GA and this past weekend, thanks to lots of knitting-while-pumping and putting off starting Pocellana, I grafted my shoulder panels to the back panels! I learned two things:

1. Mattress stitch is cool
2. Don't learn a new skill on diagonal-biased material unless the new skill accounts for the diagonal.

 Don't forget to check out Tami's!







My panels didn't quite graft evenly...



1 comment:

  1. Malabrigo Lace is sooo soft, it's going to be perfect with that pattern!

    ReplyDelete