Friday, September 21, 2012

Thrift Shop Haul!


So originally Joey and I were going to go to my favorite local consignment shop (it's literally down the street from my house!) but they were closed due to a family emergency so that will have to wait. I dropped some stuff off to consign a while back and wanted to see if there was anything on my account and how much (I also have more to drop off!) in addition to getting more fall clothes for Joey. Plan B became traveling a bit farther to my favorite thrift store where you have to do more digging (nothing is arranged by size, just by type of item and who wears it) but you can usually score some good finds. Today's haul included 2 sweaters for me, one maternity and one that is technically not maternity but can totally be worn anyway (the blue one). For Joey I found 3 shirts and 3 pants, and they're all Carter's, Old Navy, Children's Place, and even a pair of pants is by Nike and still had the original tags on them! I got 8 items for $29.60, pretty stoked about that deal! We have some 24mo/2T fall clothes for Joey already, as well as 18mo/24mo/2T sweatshirts, but we didn't have much in the way of pants that would fit him now if the weather got drastically colder. He's currently wearing 18mo separates and 24mo one-pieces, the 24mo long pants are way too long and even rolled up he still trips over them. I didn't want to get many 18mo long pants because I do see him growing out of them before winter is over, but he does need something that fits when it starts getting cold out. Judging by the way he's been growing and by the way the 18mo pants fit now, I'm pretty comfortable with what we have for him now.

In baby news, I had a midwife appointment this week. Everything is looking good and I officially passed my 1hr glucose test! I had suspected as much since I didn't receive a phone call about my bloodwork after the test had been done, but it was nice to hear that my numbers were good! I'm very glad that I won't have to sit through another 3hr glucose test, the last one was bad enough. It also is a distinct possibility that I will hit 200lbs with this pregnancy. I was hoping not to, considering how much I had lost post-Joey, but that is probably not in the cards for me. Pre-pregnancy weight this time was 165 (conservative guess, I was close to 20lbs below pre-pregnancy with Joey weight which would have been 159) and I'm now up to 189. With roughly 8 weeks left to go, and baby gaining 1/2 a pound a week, I would definitely bet money on hitting 200. Granted, at my highest with Joey, I was 220lbs, so being right around or just over 200 is not bad at all. I decided that if I do hit 200, I'm going to celebrate at 5 Guys with a nice, juicy bacon cheeseburger ;) A lot of the weight with Joey was water-weight, especially towards the end. This time, I haven't even started swelling in the ankles/feet yet (knock on wood!) and while I haven't tried in a while, I'm pretty sure I can still get my wedding/engagement rings on (a month and a half later than last time!). Since I'm mostly belly this time around, I'm not sure how quickly the weight will come off, though I have no doubt that it will between breastfeeding and as much walking as I do at work. Thankfully, no new stretch marks have shown up, there's still plenty of skin left from last time apparently, I need to post some progression pictures...

So after getting distracted on Facebook for like 20minutes, here are belly scar progression pictures:

10 days post-op, 3 weeks postpartum
6 months postpartum
1 year and 1 month post-op, 22 weeks pregnant.
1 year and 3.5 months post-op, 32 weeks pregnant.
I know it looks like the baby is attempting to show himself through my stomach or that I have a 2nd belly button, but it's neither of those things. I think it's where my belly button used to be prior to the surgery because I can push it and it bounces back like my belly button used to (still does actually) and the placement is right for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment