Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WIPW: Molly, Sunshine, and a Surprise!

I'm happy to say that I have made some progress on Molly's first sleeve, albeit minimal progress at best, I'm doing what I can with two little boys underfoot. It's primarily my car-knitting project because the sleeves are easy enough to remember without looking at the pattern constantly like my other WIPs. I chose the largest size to accommodate *ahem* the ladies if you catch my drift, however the current circumference  of the sleeve is definitely much larger than my arm so I foresee extra decreases in my future to prevent my skinny arms from swimming in them later. I'm still loving this project, it's been a joy to knit and the yarn, oh the yarn! I can't say enough how much I adore knitting with Madelinetosh. It's like knitting with an odd combo of butter (smooth) and a cloud (light) but oh so magically delicious!

My sleeve stripes line up perfectly so far!


Next up: When Skies Are Gray. This by far the most intricate lace pattern I've done, but now that I have a couple of the repeats down, I'm happy to say it's gotten at little easier to work. I can actually read the stitches much more easily AND can hold a conversation while working the chart (*most* of the time!), a great feat indeed! I have to admit that I balked at the direction "work 38 repeats of these twelve rows" because the 6 repeats I did for Umaro were fun but seemed to go on forever! Granted the Umaro repeats were 28 rows compared to Porcellana's 12 rows, but still, after a while no matter how fun the rows, I fear that repeats will get tiresome. This is my pump-time project, on average I can get through 3 rows per session which gets me close to one repeat at week give or take an off day. The Malabrigo is crazy soft! It does have a tendency to felt to itself and fuzz like crazy after it's been knit but overall it's a lovely yarn and I love that I didn't have to pay for it ;)






 This is my surprise! A few of the moms in my due date club from Noah (shout out to my Turkey Mamas! <3 you all!) did a Mother's Day "secret sister" gift swap and this is what my partner got me! It's a gorgeous hank of worsted weight wool. I'm waiting for the perfect pattern to appear to me before this beauty is on my needles. The colors are super fun so I need something truly worthy of the yarn to properly show off the wonderful colorway (appropriately called "Treefrog").

I do also have a pair of socks on my needles in my first ever attempt at two-at-a-time and toe-up socks, I just don't have a picture yet. I decided to size them for toddler feet because I CO the pattern mainly to practice the magic loop for socks technique and figured a smaller size would get me through a whole pair more quickly than my-sized socks. I anticipate them being pretty darn adorable.

As always, don't forget to check out Tami's for more awesome WIPs! Keep up the good work everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love the name for that color way... Tree frog. Very descriptive. I'm envious of all that yummy yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your description of mad tosh being like butter and cloud!

    What gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some gorgeous things in this post but that yellow is truly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing some beautiful and ambitious projects. Good luck and love the "treefrog" skein!

    ReplyDelete