Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Ring


My engagement and wedding rings have been too small for a week or two now. I ignored it for as long as I could but it was getting to the point where I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get them off again. I was originally thinking that I'd get a small silver ring somewhere to wear instead, something that looked like a wedding band but is a size or two larger than I normally wear. It occurred to me this morning that I have a claddagh ring Dan gave me several years ago. I originally wore it on my right hand which is at least a whole size larger than my left hand (when it comes to rings). I misplaced my jewelry boxes several months back (as in, I cleaned our bedroom way too well and hid stuff from myself!) and was hoping that the ring wasn't in one of them but in it's original box--which I still didn't know 100% where it was, though I had an idea. I was right about both the location of the original box (which is a cute Irish green, since it actually came straight from Ireland) and the fact that the ring was in the box.

I was also lucky in that my left hand is only one size larger than normal so far. Currently, I'll be able to wear my claddagh ring instead of my wedding band, we'll see if it stays comfortable for the next 3 months ;) It's much better than having a cheap silver band because I didn't have to pay for it, my husband bought it for me, it's an authentic Irish claddagh, and I already knew it would fit on at least one hand. It's the perfect solution :)

No comments:

Post a Comment