Friday, February 11, 2011

Get me to the mountain!


I was so excited when Friday finally rolled around, I could barely contain myself at school. By the time the last bell rang, I was dancing in my seat, so eager to leave! It was only about 45 minutes to get to Mount St. Mary's from school, I beat the rest of our group there--a first! We got a good spot in the gym, were able to spread out and have plenty of space, got dinner early (normally we're rushed because we're missing something), and headed back over to the main gym for music before our first talk.

This year, the ancient carpet squares that they've used from the beginning were gone. They'd been replaced by these square mats. I'm sure they were much better than the carpet, but I totally stayed on my seats from 5 Below. I can tell you that they were quite popular as toys and they were thrown all over the gym throughout the whole retreat. The throwing lessened after announcements were made to stop, but I still got hit with one from a stranger after that. I wasn't terribly happy, but whoever it was probably felt really bad for hitting a pregnant woman so I relished in the anguish I imagine they felt.

Fr. Leo Patalinghug said mass and broke boards in his homily. Two of the boys in our group got called up to help hold the boards. Fr. Leo's homilies are always amazing. In this one, the boards represented the barriers that keep us from Heaven. The kids in our group said that they could remember what each board stood for, proof that Fr. Leo is a dynamic speaker who knows how to reach the youth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment