Sunday, February 27, 2011

Travel the Trail

I started playing Facebook games during my super long weekend last week. I especially wanted to play Oregon Trail but couldn't find a way to make my old version work. Unlike other Oregon Trail enthusiasts, I'm not a fan of the original version, we had a slightly later version when I was younger and that was what I wanted to play. Coming in fairly close was the app for Facebook. I was quickly addicted, though not in the "use real money to buy game money" way. I've done well without having to buy money.

I slept for 12 hours last night. Not really straight through, I went down for what was supposed to be a nap (and for Dan it was a nap) around 5ish and didn't fall asleep until close to 6. I woke up at 7 when Dan got up, went back to sleep (in my street clothes), woke up again at 10 (where an all too familiar pregnancy symptom struck out of the blue), then back to sleep, and woke up for the last time at 1. Since I'd had around 5 or 6 hours of sleep at the point, I got up, changed into my PJs, made myself some food to fill my stomach, and went back to bed around 2. I didn't wake up again until nearly 7 this morning. I got to do my two favorite things yesterday: eat and sleep.

I'm officially 2/3 of the way through my pregnancy. It's hard to believe that I've been pregnant for 27 (almost 28) week! Time is flying and crawling at the same time, which I'm told is not uncommon. At one point, my sister asked me what it "felt like" to be pregnant, something I've thought of often. It doesn't exactly feel like I thought it would, physically anyway. Physically, when the baby is not moving around, it just feels like I ate too much. That feeling you get when you go to a buffet or after Thanksgiving dinner, when you feel way more comfortable with the top button of your jeans undone. Also, because I'm not used to my stomach sticking out this far, I have to keep a hand on it to know where it is when I'm opening/closing doors and things like that, because otherwise I will accidentally smack myself!

When he is moving around, it feels really cool and really weird at the same time. Initially, when I first noticed him moving around, it just felt like twitches that you get in your muscles sometimes, but in my stomach. Other times he just felt like gas bubbles moving around. Now that he's bigger, it's a different feeling. The closest thing I can compare it to is bigger gas bubbles. I can tell when he's more towards the front of my stomach and more towards the back (he hangs out in the back the most). When he's moving towards the front, it doesn't feel like cramps or anything, just like weight has shifted, my stomach feels "heavier" even though I haven't actually instantaneously gained weight. When he's towards the front, I can actually feel him from outside my stomach too, there are parts that are more firm than others. I can't tell the difference between his head and his butt through my stomach, but it's good to feel that they're both there ;) I have noticed there are certain times of day he does move around more than others. I'm not sure about during the night because I'm so zonked that I don't notice! The times of day that I really notice him moving is before meals, so basically when I'm hungry. I still haven't figured out if it's because he's hungry too or if it's because there's extra room in my body and he's taking advantage of being able to spread out. I also notice him moving when I lie down, either for a nap or for bed. He definitely moves more when I'm sitting rather than standing, but he has produced some big kicks while I was on my feet too!

I've been frustrated lately about the things that I can't/not supposed to do. I really want to help clean Brissa's cage and give her food and water, but that contains both the "can't" and the "not supposed to" categories of activity. It's getting harder for me to reach her food and water bowls on the floor, so I'm rapidly approaching the "can't" there. I also desperately want to sweep and clean her litter box, but that's the "not supposed to" because of her poop. I'm 20% more susceptible for bacterial infection because I'm pregnant which means I have an extra chance of getting sick from cleaning up after her. So almost everything for taking care of Brissa is left to Dan, who has said we're never getting another rabbit ;) He likes Brissa, but I think if she got sick and died, he wouldn't be nearly as sad as me. I've thought about giving her up to someone who can take more constant care of her, but I actually love that little rodent and would desperately miss her. Plus, in a few more months, I'll be able to take care of her again and all will be well.

I also want to clean the rest of the apartment, but the overheating thing is still a problem as well as using the cleaning products we own. Also lifting things, we have lots of heavy stuff and I'm "not supposed to" be lifting anything over 20ish pounds or something like that. Being so tired all the time also impacts my motivation to clean, I get home from work and just want to sleep or sit on the couch. I can't wait for my maternity leave to start so that I'll have nothing else to do BUT clean ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment