Monday, February 21, 2011

Shopping with Auntie Cheryl


My awesome friend Cheryl is back from her six month contract with Carnival Cruise Lines and we FINALLY both had a day off at the same time (she's currently working at Round Tree before her next contract with Carnival starts again) so we spent a good 5 hours together at the mall. She's been saying since she found out I was pregnant that she was going to take me baby shopping, so we found some good deals on the sale racks at Carter's and Children's Place. Then, both of us being the movie geeks that we are (she's also a music geek on top of that), we went into FYE where we both found stuff we wanted! She got a new Joan Jett album and a DVD with some of Joan's more recent stuff on it and I found Talladega Nights and Bones on sale, so I was super happy! I actually already own a copy of Talladega Nights but at some point it got loaned to a friend after being loaned to another friend and I have no idea who it went to or where it is now (along with my copy of Blades of Glory), and it's been lost for almost 3 years now so I moved on and picked up this copy for $7. One thing I love about FYE is that they sell used DVDs, most of the time I will buy brand new just because I'm that much of a film snob, but for things like TV seasons, I'm all about the used because you can get them for half the price. This was definitely the case for the first season of Bones, at regular price the first season is $49.99! I got it for $29.99 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment