Friday, April 22, 2011

Unpacking Has Begun


We finished putting my wardrobe together today and while I normally don't like to unpack, I enjoyed seeing how much I could fit into the wardrobe! After sorting through my clothes and separating things to donate as well as things to throw away (found a few pairs of pants with holes), I fit everything that had been in my dresser and my closet, plus a couple of boxes, with room left over.

When we started to put the shelves in, we found out that the set of shelves we got at the store, weren't wide enough to go all the way back in the wardrobe. At first I wasn't happy (we already made a second Ikea trip last weekend to replace the doors that had been damaged), but I wasn't upset either. Turned out to work out nicely because once I started hanging up my long, formal dresses, they could hang all the way down behind the shelf. I may be using this to help me store my wedding dress (since we have no real closets and I don't want to keep it in the shed), but I'm afraid of adding too much weight, so we'll see.


I felt pretty proud of how much I had unpacked once I was done. I emptied the entire dresser (which after the pain-in-the-ass that was putting my wardrobe together, Dan will be using instead of getting a wardrobe for him) as well as 3-4 boxes worth of clothes. We still have a lot to unpack, but clothes were a big part of that and now that the carpet is installed, we can unpack at our own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment