Monday, April 25, 2011

9 Months Today

I am officially 36 weeks (or 9 months) today! Next week, the baby is officially considered "full term" and if he were born now, his lungs have a really good chance of being mature. I have 4ish weeks left to go, and I have a feeling they'll drag on and take forever. Today, I finally had my maternity shoot with my friend from school. Our schedules conflicted until now, but I'm glad that we could do it today. I can't wait to see the proofs, we had so much fun shooting and it's always good to see people from school :) I'll upload a picture later once I've gotten my pictures from the shoot.

That was pretty much all I did today, besides cleaning the sink full of dishes. It got up to almost 90 degrees today and even though it was only 75 in the house, I was still hot. Doing the dishes helped a lot because I used cold water instead of hot (seriously, like I was gonna use hot water) so having my hands and wrists constantly cooled felt really good. The problem is now I don't feel like cooking dinner or making anything for dinner. Originally, I had intended to go out and hit the grocery store to get stuff for lunches this week, but it's now almost 9 and I am tired and don't feel like moving from this chair. The fan is currently aimed at me and the cool air flow feels good, I really don't want to move.

Sleeping has been getting really rough. It really is a double-edged sword because I get tired and I desperate WANT to sleep, but I get into bed and my hips hurt or I can't get comfortable. I've been going to sleep the last couple of nights with an ice pack for my hips and that helps a little bit. The pain has made it difficult to get in and out of bed and the ice packs numb my hips and I can move because the pain has been numbed, which is better than nothing. The heartburn is hit or miss. Some nights are good and some are bad. The positive thing that came out of that is the Tums I've been taking for the heartburn (which are a miracle and I can't live without) are a good source of calcium and I haven't had any really bad leg cramps since I started taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment