Sunday, April 10, 2011

Childbirth Class

So this whole pregnancy I've been doing the things that I'm "supposed to do", and childbirth class was one of those things. Our hospital offers them in several options, either a several-week session or an all-in-one-day session. We opted for the all-in-one because of Dan's work schedule and because of how far we live from the hospital. The lady running the class was very nice and knowledgeable, but she was older and could have run the class much more efficiently. She had a lot of visual aids that were physical, and most of them were posters, so she had to spend time showing them around the room to everyone when behind her--the entire time--a projector was on and ready to go. There could have been a digital presentation which would have gotten information across much more effectively. The other thing is that most of the information she had, was all stuff I had read about already. We went partly for me to see if there was more information but also so that Dan could hear things and practice things that would help me once I'm in labor. But, I did what first time moms are "supposed to do" and I can check it off my pregnancy to-do list.

After the class the day was slightly more fun. We stopped at the mall and I got a couple more shirts to wear to work in the warmer weather. Tomorrow is Dan's mom's birthday and we had dinner with them at a local Italian restaurant, so that was really nice too. I had been out of the house for almost 12 hours so I was tired, Dan dropped me off at our house then headed over to his parents for cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment