Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just Relaxing

Today was all about relaxing. Dan woke up not feeling very well, so he called out of work and went back to bed. I spent the whole morning with my feet up watching TV. When he got up, we had breakfast and watched more TV. For lunch I made "cheeseburger pasta" which was a recipe on the back of a cheddar soup can and it was delicious! It felt good to actually make something again instead of just microwaving it (which has been the majority of my meals lately). I like having the energy to actually stand long enough to cook.

After lunch, Dan felt well enough to venture out to Target to look at curtains. The curtains in our bedroom got left from the lady before us and the only reason I left them was there are no other shades on the windows for privacy, so I had to leave them. They're these old pink things and they let lots of light in. The neighbors on that side of the house have been rehab-ing the house (actually, we're pretty sure the people there had been renting and got kicked out and the actual owners are fixing it up) and there are no curtains in their windows either. They've been working on the house pretty late (although they're good about not going past midnight) so lights shine directly onto our bedroom windows. Our curtains keep out some light, but it's pretty obvious when the lights are still on next door. Target had some blackout curtains that are the color I wanted for the bedroom, so I bought one panel to give them a try ($20 a panel!) and see how we like it before I get a second panel for the other window.

No comments:

Post a Comment