Saturday, April 30, 2011

Swimming and Savings

I got up off my lazy butt and actually went swimming today. It was pretty good. The place was less crowded than I expected for a gorgeous Saturday afternoon, and the lap pool was almost completely empty so I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour going up and down the lane switching between walking (when I could touch) and actually swimming. It felt soooo good to be in the pool and almost completely weightless. Getting out of the pool and walking back to the locker room was a different story...

On my way home, I stopped by a consignment shop that my mom told me about and found this awesome bassinet! I've been looking at bassinets as an option for having the baby sleep in our room that doesn't take up much space (there is very little room between the wardrobe and my side of the bed). This not only fits where I need it to, but it's the same height as our bed, which will minimize my lifting the baby up from the bed, and converts to a changing table and the bassinet part turns into a Moses basket, not to mention a side hanging thing to store diapers/wipes/accessories AND a shelf underneath. I hit the jackpot with this bassinet! I got it for $46 and I checked online, this sells for $150+ brand new, aside from a few nicks on the wood, it's in great shape. I was so excited to find that and the lady at the store says that they don't get in many bassinets (mostly due to recalls, this one is fine though).

I feel comfortable having the baby at any time now because we have the minimum stuff that we need (place for him to sleep, diapers, a car seat--my mom got us one off the registry--and a pediatrician interview lined up). I'm nowhere near as anxious about his arrival as I thought I'd be at this point, I've had almost no baby dreams, I had more of those when I first found out I was pregnant (and mostly those were about accidentally leaving him at the hospital lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment