Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby Shower!

I had a post written about cloth diapers, so I'll be posting that another day because today was my shower!

My mom made it a surprise shower at their house and Dan dropped me off. A whole bunch of friends from church and work (both jobs) and people we've known for years came, it was so wonderful! These were the favors that everybody got, cute little duckies and blue, baby-feet candies :)

I couldn't believe how many gifts we got, our friends are so generous! Here are just a few of the things we got:

Lara MADE this awesome dragon, everyone in the room was in awe at how good it was! I know the baby will love it when he gets old enough to appreciate it :)

We got an awesome little rocker that converts from infant to toddler, so it will get used for several years to come!

We also got two convertible car seats, diapers, wipes, toys, and lots of clothes. We are definitely ready for the baby now (aside from having to put the car seats in the cars)!

My car was stuff full after the shower was over, Dan had a hard time seeing out the back!

We are so blessed to have the friends and family that we do, everyone was so wonderful to us! I love you guys!
We loved this little t-shirt, so cute!

It's hard to see, but I'm holding up a pirate bear bib, awesome! Cheryl was gracious enough to write down who gave us what for thank-you notes and Sarah helped hand me presents so I wouldn't have to keep bending over.

I had such a great time talking with everyone and visiting with people I haven't seen in such a long time! That was the best present of all, seeing everybody and catching up (what I could with the few minutes I had with the different groups of people). Tomorrow, we're going to work on cleaning out the baby's room so that we can put the baby's things away. We're also going to clean out our cars because we can just get the car seats in place and leave them there until we turn them to forward-facing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment