Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eating, sleeping, diapering

Those are the things my days consist of now. Well, those and watching TV. So far, I'd like to think I'm handling it pretty well. I'm enjoying the fact that I have lots of time off of work, I love waking up knowing that it will be a while before I have to officially get up early and be away from Joey. If things go well next month, I will only have to go back to work part time and stay home with Joey most of the week. We're keeping our fingers crossed and sending up prayers because I really would like to stay home as much as possible.

I'm currently fighting a cold or allergies. We're not sure which one. Cold medicine doesn't seem to be helping but my cough and congestion doesn't get worse when I've been outside. I'm on antibiotics because we found out that I developed a UTI (which is not uncommon in people who have recently had catheters) so if it's a sinus infection the antibiotics will kill it. It's hard because I'll go from being perfectly fine to having a coughing fit for ten minutes, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. I'm glad that Joey is a champion sleeper because my coughing doesn't seem to bother him at all, except when he's trying to eat, lol.

Dan has been absolutely phenomenal since bringing Joey home. He'll get me whatever I need while I'm sitting on the couch nursing Joey, he offers to do things without being asked, he's great about getting up in the middle of the night to hand me something or help change diapers, I don't know how single parents do it! Dan feels bad that I'm not feeling so hot right now and does whatever he can to help make me feel better--including late night runs to the pharmacy for cough medicine.

I love, love, love being a mommy and I love being able to stay home. Since Joey was born, I live each day to hold him, cuddle him, kiss him, wait for that elusive smile, and just watch him make silly faces while he sleeps. I still can't believe he's here, I feel like last week was when I found out I was pregnant--not to mention the entire pregnancy I couldn't believe I was finally pregnant. We're so incredibly blessed and thankful to have had a (mostly) easy pregnancy and healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment