Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Eating

I love this picture. I did not place Joey's hands at all, this was the way he positioned them. Not that he's got much of any control over his movements, or knows what his posture looks like, but it amuses me nonetheless. He doesn't always manage to keep his eyes open while he's nursing, as if he needs all his energy just to eat. About 90% of the time he falls asleep before he's actually full, which means once he finally wakes up, he's still hungry and ready to go some more. Normally that's not a problem, it's just annoying at night when I would like to get back to sleep. Usually he doesn't stay asleep very long if he's still hungry, 10 minutes tops, and if he goes longer than that, I know I can put him back in his bassinet and get another couple hours of sleep.

I had pulled some milk out of the freezer and put it in the cooler to take to my parents' because I intended on enjoying some Strongbow. Turns out, since Joey slept the whole time we were there, including the two-hour waiting period of the alcohol coming out of my system/milk, we didn't actually end up needing it there. Once milk has been frozen and thawed, it can't go back in the freezer, making it a use-it-or-lose-it situation. So, we pulled out the Breastflow bottles (by First Years) and Dan got to feed Joey. This was only the third time he's gotten to feed Joey, and this time went much better than the last time he fed Joey with this bottle. We're not sure if the difference was because Joey was hungrier or if he was more awake or just more practiced, but no matter what the reason, we're happy that this feeding went well. We've nursed since the bottle and had no (more than usual) latch issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment