Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo


I didn't forget to mention that I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. With everything that happened in the evening, I was too tired and emotionally drained to write very much, plus I simply wanted that post to be about my Luke.

The appointment went well, I finally met the third OB in the practice, so now I've met everyone, just in case. I actually LOST weight, yay! I went from 225 to 218, so almost all the weight I put on from the previous appointment is gone. I definitely think part of that was fluid retention, part was me actually losing the weight, and part was I had a daytime appointment as opposed to an evening appointment. Either way, I'm happy with the weight loss, and my stomach still measured fine so it wasn't the baby losing fluids/weight. I did test positive for Group B Strep, which about 25% of pregnant woman do, and all that means is an extra medication in my IV during delivery. Other than that and my poor hips, we are doing just fine. I didn't have an internal exam, but I didn't want one every week anyway, the baby will come when he's supposed to come and if I keep checking on things, I'll get even more impatient.


Today after work I put together the swing we got at the baby shower and opened the stroller. They are super cute and I think this means I'm officially nesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment