Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Couch and Car Seat


Not only did the rest of our couch come today, but so did the dinette set (pictures coming later). The table is going to have to go back because the Lazy Susan in the middle doesn't spin at all, but until we get that fixed the table is in the dinning room and I love the space that it's saving us instead of our bigger table. I also love the height, the table and chairs are not bar height but counter height (which is in between normal table height and super tall bar height), so I'm not bending over to get things, everything is right at the level I like it.

Our couch, well, that had another whoops along with it. This time, it was our whoops. What we thought we were getting as a sectional was a sofa-love seat combo. It was actually a sofa-sofa combo. Thankfully everything still fits in our living room, it just required some rearranging of the TV stand and DVD shelves (which we now no longer have room for, so we'll have to get wall shelves or somthing). The couch is still super soft and comfy so no complaints there. The baby's room is now more crowded with stuff that we'll be figuring out what to do with tomorrow after my doctor's appointment.

I installed the car seat for my car today, all by myself (pictures later)! I'm a little worried that it was "too easy" to install because it was basic logic after reading the instructions, but I followed everything to the letter and it seems ok. I guess bucket car seats with bases are more difficult to install than the convertibles. The seat fit just fine in the middle of the back seat, which is technically the safest place possible, but it also is so big that Dan probably won't be able to drive my car comfortable because I don't think the front seats will move back as well (or safely for the baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment