Sunday, May 22, 2011

God Parents :)


Today Joey's god parents came over for a visit to finally meet him. They brought their adorable almost-two-year-old who loves babies and was fascinated with Joey. At one point, he even asked me to change Joey's diaper again because he liked watching the process from the other side of the diaper ;)

They brought us food to re-heat later for dinner, which is always awesome, but what was especially awesome was it was Korean food! They brought us Bulgogi, rice, lettuce leaves (if we wanted to do wraps), spicy sauce, and some delicious mashed potatoes. I haven't had Bulgogi in a very long time and I rarely have some that isn't my Dad's. This style was good, different, but good. They had larger chunks of beef than I'm used to, but there was much less fat and since I can't stand fat and am an expert at removing it, I ate this with very little problem. It does make me miss my Dad's Bulgogi though. I need to get him to write down the recipe for me so I can make it for my kids...
After Diana and Brandon left, Dan's parents came over to see Joey. Pretty much the entire day he'd been sleeping and their visit was no exception. Finally, before they left, we told Dan's mom to go ahead and hold him because he sure wasn't going to wake up until long after they left and we knew that's the whole reason they came anyway ;) He didn't even wake up while she was holding him, and he definitely didn't wake up until much closer to bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment