Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Engaged and Dilated

This was what I found when I came home today. The flowers have been slowly blooming for the last couple of days and they are now almost all completely open.

I had another doctor's appointment today. I gained 8lbs. which is not great (I've gained 40ish pounds as opposed to the 25 that my doc wanted me to gain), but the baby has officially dropped (which is called "engaged") and I'm 1cm. dilated. My doctor said that if we make it to 40 weeks, the baby will weigh more than 8 pounds but she also said that my hips are wide enough to handle him. Both my body and his are on track and both are doing what they're supposed to. Just because he's engaged and I'm dilated doesn't exactly mean labor is imminent or even a week or two out, but both are good things to have happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment