Tuesday, April 12, 2011

200 Posts!

We are officially done standardized testing at work! I just have to finish packing up the answer sheets and they get shipped out Thursday. Dan was busy today at the house. He put up my awesome Ikea clock, set up a door bell (one of the stick up kind), and set up his computer in our bedroom (which I'll be able to use like a TV/DVD player). When I got home, despite being super tired and having swollen feet (which haven't been this bad since I hurt my ankles 4 years ago), I got the laundry out of the dryer, folded baby clothes and put them away, and arranged a slightly better temporary clothing set up in our room.

I had a doctor's appointment today. Blood pressure and belly are measuring fine, but we gained 7lbs. since the last appointment two weeks ago and that's not great. I couldn't think about what would have made me gain that fast until I was driving home and realized that during the time we were moving, we ate fast food pretty much every day. That had to be the culprit. Now that we're in the house and have done some grocery shopping, we've been much better about eating what's in the house. I'm hoping when I go back in two weeks, I won't have gained nearly as much weight. Next time, she'll actually be checking my cervix to see if I've started to dilate. I'm excited about that and not at the same time. I think it's going to be uncomfortable (and I like having appointments where I can keep my clothes on) but I know that once they start checking my dilation it means we're getting closer to having the baby :) If I've done the math in my head correctly, and I think that I have, after my next appointment, I'll be going back every week until the baby comes. 6 weeks to go (if we're lucky), it seems like such a long time and such a short time all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment