Thursday, March 31, 2011

Still moving

I'm starting to get frustrated because we're not making the kind of progress I would like to make. Mostly it has to do with my energy level and how often I have to take breaks just to cool down. I can get 3-4 boxes packed at a time before I need to sit down and catch my breath. I'm so used to being active and moving until the job is done that the frequent breaks are taking away my motivation.

The carpet guy came and measured and gave Dan a price quote and told him what the next steps would be. Apparently we won't even have carpet next week, it's going to take several days for the carpet shipment to even come into Lowe's and then after the shipment is in, that's when the contractor will call us to schedule a day to come out. So not only do we have to wait on the carpet to come, but we also have to wait for the contractor to be free once the carpet is in. Even if we had started this whole process at the beginning of the month we wouldn't have had carpet today. We could have gotten started sooner if they had given us a quote on the laminate sooner, not to mention we could have started actually moving stuff over much sooner.

The living/dinning room is still a mess, but it's not much more than a couple boxes-worth of stuff. The bedroom closet is now completely cleaned out and I've started work on the stuff in the den. After the den, that leaves the closet in the hall and the closet in the den itself (which is jammed full of stuff--seriously, it was like a game of Tetris to get everything in there and the door to close). The den doesn't have too much besides Brissa, I already cleaned off the clothes rack and packed the clothes up, now there's the book case (which doesn't have too many books on it, 2 boxes max) and Dan's computer desk plus other random things that will probably all fit in one box. The kitchen and bathroom still have a few things, but mostly it's stuff we're still using. All the little random things that need to be packed can be done quickly and pretty much when we're done everything else. Progress has been slower than I'd like, but it's visible and between that and just wanting to be completely in the new house are the only things motivating me to keep moving and not just sit in the comfy chair watching Lost and knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment