Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Changing of The Locks

I've been saying that the first thing I'm going to do when we get our new house is laundry! Today, I made good on that promise! I had two loads of laundry to do so I took the baskets, my computer, and my knitting over to the new house and started the washer! I was there much longer than I anticipated, not sure if the washer has a problem or if I'm just not patient enough, but it didn't seem to move out of the wash cycle, even after more than an hour. I could stop it and manually turn the knob down to rinse. From there it rinsed and went into spin and stopped on its own, I thought it was odd that it would take so long to get itself to rinse from wash. Thankfully the dryer timer worked just fine.

We definitely need to update the dryer to a more energy efficient model, but as long as it mostly dries stuff, it can wait a while. It's a pretty old-looking dryer. I put both loads in for an hour and both loads came out with things that weren't quite dry yet. I figured the towels wouldn't be dry, and they went in for an extra few minutes, but when socks come out almost-dry-but-not-quite, that's generally not a good thing (unless they got stuck in the folds of the towel, which could have happened).

No comments:

Post a Comment