Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Very Happy Birthday Indeed

My birthday kind of started Friday when Dan and I went to dinner just the two of us. Today we did go to lunch with his family and that was delicious. We then stopped at the mall where I got two cropped cardigans to wear to work (on sale and with money my grandmother gave me) and two pairs of work shoes (my own money) and Dan eyed up a replacement TV. I also got to pick a DVD as Dan's present to me. The seasons of CSI have been dropping their prices like crazy and I picked that.

The TV was a long time coming. We've never had a brand new TV, we've only had hand-me-downs that Dan picked up over the years. We just finished making payments on our mattress. We had made a deal that we wouldn't get a new TV until we paid off the mattress. This TV is pretty awesome. I wanted a smaller TV so our living room wouldn't look as cluttered and this is a wide TV (I love the wide screen for movies!) but it's really thin. It's also HD and I'm still adjusting to that, because even standard def stuff looks different on a HD TV.

It's also been 6 full months since I started this blog and have done a pretty good job at updating almost every day. It's good having a goal to keep me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment