Friday, March 4, 2011

OUR HOUSE!

We got the house! Everything finally came together in time for settlement and we got the keys! So here is a photo tour of the house. Unfortunately they were all taken with my cell phone because Dan moved my camera and now I can't find it :-/ Anyway, the above picture is our tiny little bathroom. The bathtub/shower area all look pretty new and the sink is definitely brand new because in the listing pictures it was a more vintage sink (which I wish they had kept, but having a cabinet underneath is good too). We don't need to update anything in here. I'd like to get rid of the tile on the walls, but that's a want, not a need.

This will be our room, it's smaller than the one we've got now, which means I get to be creative with storage and take many trips to Ikea :)

This will be the baby's room, it's got two windows like ours. It's not as wide as ours, but it is just as long. I can't wait to see it with paint on the walls and baby stuff in it!

This is part of the kitchen. It's an eat-in kitchen, so behind where I'm standing is open space for a table and chairs. There is no dinning room so this is the only eating option besides the living room couch ;) The fridge is currently located in this open area and we don't like it there, so we'll be moving it out to the laundry room to have more space. Notice there is no dishwasher, good thing we already have our own! We're thinking of taking out either the drawers to the right of the sink or the cabinet to the right of the stove and putting one in, because if it's done before we're completely moved in, we won't miss the space.

This is the living room, also smaller than what we've got now, but again, more creative trips to Ikea! I've been all over their website for ideas and I can't wait to get my hands on a measuring tape and get in the store. I plan on being just like my dad and measuring everything in the house, creating floor plans with graph paper, and taking those into Ikea to see what fits. I also plan on taking pictures and printing those out so I can "see" what would look good where.

Dan also took me to Carrabba's today for my birthday (which is Sunday). Both of us have been craving some good Italian and we were quite happy to be able to go tonight :) I got my usual, Sirloin Marsala, and Dan got Pasta Carrabba. Both were delicious of course and we had a lovely dinner with just the two of us. My birthday is the same as Dan's brother, so when we go out and celebrate with all of them it's a shared birthday, this was nice because it was just for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment