Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Moving

Today Chris came over and helped us move the futon and frame back to my parents' house. Originally, I was going to put it on Craig's List but my parents decided that they would take it back. While Dan and Chris were off at GW, I packed about 5 boxes worth of kitchen stuff, took it over to the house, and unpacked it. We don't have everything from the kitchen moved over yet, but it definitely feels like we ended up with more cabinet space in the house.

I also talked to the people at Lowe's about the carpet situation. Because we changed our minds about the laminate, they have to re-measure the rooms for carpet (though why I have no idea, it sounded bogus to me on the phone) and they can't get out and do that until Thursday. As a result, we won't have carpeting until at least next week. I've not been terribly happy with the speed at which people have been getting back to us about things, but I also know that goes with the whole contracting bit. We told our landlord that we'd be out by this week at the latest so that's what we're going to have to do. The carpet people are going to have to deal with working around our stuff because we've been trying to get the flooring sorted out for several weeks now and we can't wait to move any longer. It is a good thing that I'm off work this week and can help pack and unpack things. While it doesn't seem like much as been done, we're almost done the living/dinning room as well as the kitchen and bathroom. There are the few essentials left in each room, but for the most part everything that's left is in our 3 closets, the bedroom, and the den. Brissa will be in the apartment until we've switched to spending nights at the house, that way there will always been someone to check on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment