Friday, March 18, 2011

The test that never happened.

I hate it when I try to talk to a real person and companies are so set on customers using technology, that you just can't get a real person ever. Two weeks ago when I attempted to set up this appointment, my first thought was to talk to a real person since it's a 3-hour test and I should probably let them know that's why I'm setting up the appointment. The website appointment making section didn't have a whole lot of information on it and only had 10 minute slots set up, plus it didn't have that many and they weren't on a Saturday and they didn't go past a certain time. I attempted to call the office to make an appointment and only got a voice recording and no options for what I wanted. Not wanting to spend 20 minutes on the phone talking to a computer, I took 5 minutes and picked a time that worked into my work schedule where I could just leave early for the day and not need anyone to cover my classes.

Turns out I really did need the live person. That particular branch of lab closes at 5pm. My appointment time was supposed to start at 2:30. I got there at 2:20 so I could check in and do the insurance thing, they were running behind and didn't call my name for insurance stuff until 2:45. The girl behind the desk saw that I had a 3 hour test and then let me know that they close at 5. I was so mad. Not at her, because she was nice and I now get to fast AGAIN and go super early in the morning tomorrow (I'm asking for her when I get there, that's what she said to do), but mad that I couldn't talk to a real person and that the website let me schedule this stupid test without specifying what kind of glucose test it was. So something that should have been over and done with by now is put off until tomorrow when, by the time I get to the lab, I will have fasted for 16 out of 24 hours. I'm no doctor but I doubt it's good to make a pregnant woman do that much fasting. I better not have diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment