Friday, March 25, 2011

The Start of Spring Break

After having a night's sleep (at 8 months pregnant, I don't know the next time I'll be able to say "good night's sleep"), today started off much better for me than it ended yesterday. Everyone at school seemed to be in better spirits and we even started the day with a last-minute all-school Mass for the feast of the Annunciation (which, according to Canon Law, if it falls on a Friday you can have meat). Fr. Daniel had a wonderful homily about the feast and how it falls during Lent to remind us that there are always things to celebrate and embrace during the Lenten seasons of our lives. That no matter what, God has a plan for us, even if it's a bitter medicine to swallow.

I started Spring Break off the right way by meeting up with several of the people I used to work with for dinner after work. We ended up spending 3 hours at the restaurant, laughing, talking, and having a good time! It was so much fun and I can't wait to see them again, I'm glad that we've been able to stay in touch and continue to get together for "Happy Hour" (which is what we call it, even though when we started it wasn't during happy hour and we usually lasted longer than an hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment