Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mmm Sandwich.

I love sandwiches. I have pretty much given them up because I love deli meat and I'm really not supposed to eat it until it's been heated because of my increased risk of bacterial infection. I only cheat every once in a while and one of my favorite cheats is the Bacon Turkey Bravo at Panera Bread. It introduced me to Gouda cheese and I'm so thankful for it. Trader Joe's has sliced Gouda in their cheese section and I LOVE to put it on my sandwiches (when I'm not pregnant).

It's time once again for my monthly 2-hour hangout at Panera while I wait for my meeting at work to start. We get out at 3:45 and the meeting doesn't start until 7, so I'm stuck with about 2.5 hours to kill in the meantime. Panera has great food and free wi-fi, so here I am. I'm actually kind of glad that the meeting got bumped back to tonight (was supposed to be last week but we had the snow that canceled stuff) because my doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning. So I'm staying late tonight, but I get to sleep in a little bit tomorrow. The appointment is at 9, but I'm going to try and get there at 8:30 to see if they'll give me the sugar stuff early, so I'll be leaving around 7:30--which means I can sleep until 7 :) I ordered hot lunch tomorrow so I don't even have to pack lunch, I can just shower, dress and go! I do need to eat breakfast because of how long I'll be at the doctor's office, but I can't have carbs because it could throw off the glucose test and give them a false positive. I definitely don't want a false positive, because if I test positive, that means I go back for another test that's a 3 hour test! That would be my whole day right there, although I could probably get away with scheduling it during Spring Break, which is at the end of this month (which is March now!).

I can gauge how my hunger has changed month to month by my ability to resist getting more food at Panera while I sit here. I've been here for an hour now, and have been eying the menu seriously considering ordering more food. I'm definitely thinking some mac & cheese but what I'm really debating about is a frozen caramel. That's their version of Caramel Frappiccinos and it's even more amazing than Starbucks. I think so anyway because it's way more caramel flavor and less coffee. Normally, I feel a little bad about sitting for so long, but it's pretty empty in here today, normally around this time it's filled up and I can hear how busy they are. The people at the counter actually have time to breathe. I think it's because I'm at a two person booth today instead of a four person booth. That's mostly what I feel bad about when it gets busy, but they only seem to put the outlets at four people booths. I fully charged my laptop today though so I won't need to plug in.

The baby is moving around like crazy since I sat down. He was pretty active today too, but he's really moving now. I guess that means he liked the sandwich. I loved food to begin with, but being pregnant has more taken my guilt away than added to my appetite. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely eat almost all day long, and bigger portions too, but I wonder how much of that is pregnancy and how much is I've been giving my stomach what it wants, when it wants it. When you're training to run a marathon, you run a little farther every day and soon you don't notice distances that used to bother you. I'm sure eating is the same way, I've been eating more so now I'm able to eat more. I shouldn't get more food right now, because my wallet would love me, but my stomach (and probably the baby) would also be happy if I got more.

So my procrastination on Facebook and blogging paid off. It's almost time for me to leave and I've successfully fought the urge to get some mac & cheese. I will be getting a frozen caramel thing though, but to-go and to get me through this meeting and the drive back home afterward. I've been going to bed between 8 and 9. I try not to go to bed before that because otherwise I'll just wake up early like I did yesterday. I'm not really looking forward to my doctor's visit tomorrow, but I am looking forward to only a half day at work. If the appointment goes too long, I'm allowed to just use a sick day and not come in at all (it's an early release day, which means for the last hour of school the kids are gone and the teachers can work on their own or have meetings), which is a nice option to have. I'm hoping it doesn't go too long, because I want to save my sick days (they roll over, so if I go back in the fall, I can keep what I have left), but I'm glad that there's not pressure to get back to work by a certain time.

No comments:

Post a Comment