Friday, March 11, 2011

The weekend is here!

Today was a Professional Development day at school. The kids got the day off and the teachers and staff got to come in casual clothes! All around, not too bad. We had a speaker come in and talk on using technology to engage the kids. Our table had the most fun and laughed a lot, usually about something completely off topic ;) When I got home, I had another package waiting for me! This package was from one of our aunts in North Carolina.

My Sister-in-Love Jackie looooves her Moby Wrap and I'm all about wearing the baby, so this was awesome to receive! I picked out one in black so that in the rare instance Dan might want to use it (we'll also get a Bjorn carrier or some other front/back pack type of thing), it's not a girly color or pattern. I'm so excited because you can also nurse discreetly in it without moving baby around that much!

I'm so glad it's Friday, this week seemed to drag on. Only two more full weeks of school and then we have Spring Break! Everything with the house is coming together, Dan finished painting today and we made a trip out to Home Depot to look at flooring. The electrician also called Dan and will be coming to the house Monday or Tuesday to give an estimate. While we were out, we also stopped in Value City Furniture to look at living room ideas. We've been using my parents hand-me-down futon for a sofa and I'm ready to get rid of it and get something that's ours. I've been talking about "my chair" for a while now too, a super comfy chair for the baby's room that I can use for nursing. Dan is insistent that he get his "Daddy Chair" and is totally fine with keeping it in the living room and sharing it. We found that we love the "Chair and 1/2" idea (extra wide arm chair) combined with an over-sized ottoman and matching couch or love seat better than a large sectional couch. Considering the small size of our living room, a sectional is pretty much out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment