Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wings in The Water


Today I had an appointment at the National Aquarium in Baltimore. They do teacher orientations for teachers who want to bring their classes on field trips. Our science teacher will be taking the whole middle school in February and the aquarium has an awesome program where you can bring your school (students AND chaperones) for FREE during the months of September through February if you have at least one teacher take this orientation. The science teacher would have gone herself, but her Saturdays are not available in the mornings when the orientations are. I volunteered to go because a) I love the aquarium, it's one of my favorite places in the world b) after the orientation you're allowed to visit the rest of the aquarium at no charge and c) by me taking this class, I've cemented my place as a chaperone on the February field trip.

While I was waiting for the class to start, I went to the ray tank (which is one of my favorites even though it's not one of the "prettier" exhibits) and got to see the feeding. I watched not only the animals in the tank (they've added some new species since I was last there), but the divers and the people around the sides whose first time it was watching the feeding. I especially liked seeing the really little kids and it made me really want to be able to show Orson what was going on outside his current home ;) I can't wait until he's big enough to understand and see the cool stuff that the aquarium has because we'll be there a lot once he has!

No comments:

Post a Comment