Monday, January 31, 2011

Baked Potatoes and X-Files

The kids at school had baked potatoes for lunch today and they smelled amazing. Normally, just about all food I'm around smells amazing, but the potatoes smelled especially good today. My potatoes are on the verge of going bad (and some of them were closer than others) so today was the perfect day to bake all of them and get some toppings! They are currently in the oven baking away and smelling sooooo good. I picked up sour cream and more cheese to shred and I am going to enjoy chowing down on these golden brown lovelies. If I end up eating all of them (there are six small ones total), I'll also be making buffalo chicken quesadillas when Dan gets home so I'll get some protein too ;)

I finally restarted my X-Files marathon. I had stopped close to the end of Season 8. I don't really remember why other than Season 9 is the final season and even though I'm aware that the series ended years and years ago, finishing my marathon is just another reminder that it's over. Finishing the series, even though I could start over at any time, would be so...final. I grew up with the X-Files, I didn't start from the very beginning but I have fond memories of watching it with my dad on Sunday nights after my siblings had gone to bed. The partnership between Mulder and Scully is pretty much the bar to which all other male-female partnerships have been measured for me. I think that's one reason why I like Bones so much, Brennen and Booth's partnership is a lot like Mulder and Scully's. That's probably another reason why I stopped marathoning, Doggit and Reyes show up and Mulder disappears and Scully makes less appearances. It's not the same X-Files that it was and I think the writers knew that, which is why 9 was the last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment