Monday, January 24, 2011

March For Life

Today I went with our 8th Grade class to the March For Life in DC. I wanted to go for a number of reasons and I was really glad when everything worked out so that I could go with the school. My church also sent a good number of youth so that was awesome too! There were so many people there and I haven't seen any estimates of the size yet, but it was well in the hundreds of thousands. Not surprisingly, the media coverage was sparse at best. John Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity got more coverage and they did the same thing we did, with fewer people. The media will not touch this issue and when they do, sometimes they attempt to make it seem as though both sides of the abortion fight were equally represented--which they weren't. We made sure and had our kids looking for those who were pro-choice and we couldn't find any. Usually they're up by the Courthouse and we didn't make it that far (we made a left instead of a right to go meet our bus) so that could be why we didn't see them. Normally, there are only a handful, no way do they have equal numbers come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment