Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I still say "Villa Julie"


They changed their name a semester after I graduated (the very end of the semester, after the May graduates received their diplomas). Now Stevenson University, it will always remain Villa Julie to me. The recent grads (including myself) were offered a new diploma with the new name on it, and as far as I know, all my friends and I declined. We got accepted by Villa Julie, we attended classes and made friends at Villa Julie, our diplomas would say Villa Julie. This bag was a surprise Christmas present from my mother-in-law who randomly found it at some kind of job fair thing. They were giving them away and she snagged one for me, knowing how I felt about the name change. Sure it says "nursing" and I wasn't in the nursing program, but it has the name of my college on it, and that means the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment