Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My shirt is here!

I ordered it about a week ago and it's finally here! I'm so excited, M2K is less than a month away and since last year's retreat was canceled, it's been two full years since we've been on this retreat! It's funny too because the last actual retreat (2009), I made a comment to one of the kids we went with "oh I'll be pregnant next Mount 2000!" and turns out, it was a true statement.

View of the back, since I can't seem to get a good picture of my back while wearing the shirt.

I had off today too because of weather. We had "sneet" yesterday, snow + sleet, and it left everything covered in a layer of ice this morning. At the very least, I figured we'd get a delay since the ice was so bad (it was still going when I went to bed close to midnight), I was surprised and happy to have off today. Any other job, I wouldn't be happy about a "snow" day (or "ice" day), but since this is my first salaried job and it doesn't affect my pay, I'm quite happy making this a 4-day weekend + a 2-day workweek. I have off Friday for the diagnostic ultrasound and then Monday is the March For Life. So this week I only have one day of actual classes (Wednesdays I don't have any classes) and next week my classes don't start until Tuesday.

I can't wait for Mount 2000! I'm still in my t-shirt, watching CSI, and eating Subway while waiting for Dan to get home. I actually got bored earlier. I had been knitting since noon and stopped around 7:30 or 8. I tried cleaning but got overheated (a pregnancy symptom that I haven't been able to avoid since Day 1), so I've been doing little bits here and there. Not the overhaul of the apartment that I would like to do though. The floors need vacuuming, the bathroom needs the shower/tub and floors done, the den is crazy messy because that's where the rabbit lives and she sheds and poops like it's her job (although besides running and sleeping, it's about the only thing she has to do all day). Our bid on the house was accepted and now what we're waiting for is inspection and then we can settle! I really want to start cleaning and packing things we don't need right away (summer clothes for instance) so even if we don't end up getting the house, at least we've de-cluttered a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment