Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to work

Wednesdays are easy. I don't have to teach any classes, but I do have a couple of groups of students who borrow my room throughout the day so I'm not completely lonely. We had our Geography Bee today and that was cool to see the students who have done well within their class. A sixth grader came in first, seventh grader second, and another sixth grader third.

When I got to my parents to meet my mom for our carpool, she had more baby clothes for Orson. These are definitely some of my favorites, especially the firefighter onezie. When Dan and I were in Babies R Us looking at clothes, I saw an outfit that said "Mommy's Hero" with fire trucks on it and that was adorable. I mentioned it to my mom so now she's on the lookout for firefighter stuff and she found this one at Target I think.



Dan asked me how I would feel if we end up with all boys like in his family. This was not the first time I considered that idea. I told him I would be completely fine with that because I would get to stay a princess and have all these boys taking care of me. Dan's mom doesn't have to carry groceries unless the house is empty. So if I end up with all boys, I won't have to do much around the house until they all leave ;) I would love to have at least one little girl and it's always been a dream to adopt a baby from Korea. So if I end up with all boys, I think we'll adopt a little girl from Korea.

Another new development with the pregnancy is what I'm pretty certain are Braxton Hicks contractions. For the last couple of days, I've had weird cramps but no spotting. Spotting itself isn't necessarily bad unless you're soaking through maxi pads like crazy, it's spotting + cramps that can be worrisome. Early in the pregnancy, I had period-like cramps which is one reason I didn't test for so long, I could have sworn my period was coming. These cramps are different and slightly painful. From what I've read, Braxton Hicks can start as early as 20 weeks, earlier if it's not your first pregnancy, so I'm pretty much on target. They're more noticeable during rest, which is definitely when I'm noticing these--they always show up when I'm sitting. I try to get up and move around but there's only so much walking around the apartment I want to do, especially with being on my feet a lot of the day already.

No comments:

Post a Comment