Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Day...Again :)

We got another snow day today because of the sleet. We didn't think it was going to happen because as of 8pm last night, nothing had really started. It wasn't until after I got home that the storm rolled in. I listened to it as I was falling asleep and it was pretty hard at certain points. I woke up this morning to check the website we use to call snow days. Everything outside was covered in ice, I was pretty sure that we wouldn't have school at least right away. I was about to start getting ready for school at my normal time because I hadn't heard any different (the snow alert website wasn't working) when my mom texted me and said that school was out for the day! Apparently an e-mail had been sent via school e-mail (which I also never got) but then the school's facebook also updated saying school was out. However it happened, I was glad for the break and the chance to sleep in. Every opportunity to sleep in now I take because I know those opportunities will be rare in a few short months.

When I wasn't sleeping today, I was knitting. I'm working on this pattern for Cheryl, but had to test it out first to make sure I could get the size of the mittens right. Also I wanted a pair for myself so it's a win-win, practice on my own pair and then get it right the first time on Cheryl's :) I'm going to have to frog this glove again because the size is still slightly too small, but I know what adjustments to make and how so the next set of gloves I knit will be Cheryl's and I'm hoping to finish them in time for when she gets back from Miami in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment