Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gift Card Shopping Spree


I love gift cards. They let you go shopping without spending any of your own money (unless you go overboard!). Saturday while Dan was at karate, I had a shopping spree on my own and got some really good deals. I did my best at Target, but didn't fair too badly at Best Buy and Motherhood Maternity either ;) I got the bowls above to use as "pinch bowls" in cooking. You can pre-measure ingredients and leave them in the bowl until you're ready for them. It lets you get cooking more smoothly and you don't have to stop what you're doing to measure things. Bonus: These bowls have lids so they can also be used for storage. Score!


This is our new "charging station", I saw some online and decided to look while I was at Target. I did even better in the store than I would have on their website, I got this station for $7! It came with an extension cord already in it and three slots for three different chargers. Right now my walkie-talkies are charging (I hope, they've been dead since September because I'm a horrible walkie-talkie owner), but I also put the phone charger in there. I like being organized and not having tons of cords all over the place :)

At Best Buy I found seasons of CSI for $40 and got really excited! They were fairly recent ones too, normally they run anywhere between $60 and $80, but I guess with Blu-Ray getting more and more popular, they'll sell them anyway they can now. I got the next season that I didn't have (I'm now up to 8 out of 10) and only had to spend $5 real money.

I spent a good amount of time at Motherhood trying to figure out what to get. I finally decided on a cute brown, zipper sweater and did not regret my choice. It's warm, adorable, and goes with all the shirts I already have so I can layer. It doesn't go with any of the work pants I have, which just means I can get some more work pants eventually ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment