Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Mrs. Gibson's baby is sleeping!"

I haven't done a belly montage in a while (since 14 weeks, I went back and looked!), so today's picture is down at the very bottom. :)

17 Weeks.


18 Weeks.


19 Weeks.


20 Weeks.


I am officially halfway and everything is still looking good, thank goodness! I picked up some onzies today at Target because they were adorable, on sale, and I had a gift card--a trifecta of awesomeness. 3 for $6 and they were Carters (which I'm finding out is a name brand = expensive). Work went pretty well today. My favorite moment came from the first graders when I told them about the baby. Bless their little hearts for having no clue up to this point. After I told them, they had questions, but not the same questions as the 7th and 8th graders did.
"Can you feel him kicking?"
"Is he kicking now?"
"Is he sleeping?"
"When is the baby coming out?"
"Will you bring him to school so we can see him?"

My absolute favorite when my heart just melted was when the class was getting fairly loud and one little girl announces, "Everybody be quiet, Mrs. Gibson's baby is sleeping!" I will be remembering that line and using it on the younger ones when I want them to quiet down! I absolutely love the first grade approach to unborn babies. They don't have unborn and born babies separated in their minds, they are the same. There's no gray area, just a baby who sleeps like all babies do. Before I even told them we're having a boy, the first graders were using pronouns, "him" and "her". I only heard a few "it"s, way more "he"/"she"s. They were really funny when I showed them the sonogram picture, I'm pretty sure several of them think that an actually camera was used INSIDE my stomach ;) They did like to see the picture of my actual baby though, in addition to the baby on the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment