Friday, December 31, 2010

This time last year...


This time last year:

-I got a countertop dishwasher for Christmas and was crazy excited. Still have it and it still works!

-Dan and I took our vacation right after Christmas up to Philadelphia where we had an awesome time visiting various museums and eating cheesesteaks.

-There was still tons of snow on the ground from the storm in mid-December. We hadn't had Snomageddon yet.

-Dan and I were both working two jobs. Each of us only had one we actually liked.

-The promise of the new year was as exciting as it always is, but not for any particular reason.

This year:

-I'm 5 months pregnant and will officially be 20 weeks (halfway!) in a few days.

-Dan's still job hunting but gets more hours at the job he actually likes.

-I love my new Big Girl Job, working with kids of all ages keeps me on my toes! Plus I got paid for this whole week off after Christmas!

-Instead of new appliances, we're looking at getting a house--something that seemed so far away last year. We'll have a house before the baby comes and that makes me so happy!

-Sadly we did not manage to take a vacation this year, due to finances and then the baby news (we're now saving for the baby). I'm hoping we can take a babymoon before May but I have a feeling we'll have a lot tied up in the house once we get one.

The promise of the new year this time is exciting because we'll be moving into our first house, having our first baby, and that's all within the first five months of the year! Because school will be off, I'll have all summer to play with the baby before I have to go back to work, so much better than maternity leave anywhere else ;)

The picture above is me meeting my nephew Jimmy for the first time ever! He's such a sweetie and totally laid back about whoever's holding him. Andy and Jackie are out here for a visit (their Christmas present from my parents) but I'm totally only visiting with them to snuggle with the baby! More pictures of their visit to come since today Sarah is taking the four of us out to lunch (her present to Andy) and all the girls (and probably Jimmy) are going for pedicures before my mom gets HER FIRST TATTOO later tonight! It's going to be a rocking New Year's Day and I won't even have to drink ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment