Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Christmas


Despite everything that's been going on with work and stuff, Dan and I had a very blessed Christmas this year. I managed to surprise him with a present that he absolutely loves (a Steelers winter coat/jacket) and through creative gift card use and extra money earned on the side, we ordered me a new iPod Nano as my present (super excited to have another pink iPod). But it wasn't just a blessed Christmas because of the gifts. We got to see both our families and this year we had all four of my uncles on my mom's side in town for Christmas and that was awesome. My mom's been great with the pregnancy stuff and she got "Orson" (Baby's nickname) some great books (above) and even got a stocking to stuff for the baby. We also got a good amount of gift cards, some for fun (Best Buy!) and some practical (Motherhood and Babies R Us) but all will definitely be happily used!

Some of the things my mom put in Orson's stocking ;)

We're also looking at houses! I'm so excited to be finally looking for houses. I've gotten more into putting things on our baby registry because I know that when the baby's born we will actually have space for all this stuff. We're looking at places we can grow into and that is in our price range, which there is plenty to find in our area. The challenge at this point is finding a place in our price range that only has cosmetic things needed (I do not want to have to replace a roof a year into owning a house) that is the right size. There's plenty of tiny houses that need tons of work that are well within our range, but being pregnant there's not much work I'll be able to help with (painting for instance) and when we have a newborn, there's not much we'll have time for or feel like doing being sleep deprived. We also want multiple kids so having something that we can stay in for years and years is a big must. We also both desperately want to adopt a dog and we need a place with yard so we can have a place for the baby to play and for the dog to run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment