Monday, December 27, 2010

Belated Present


I've been working on this scarf for my mom since summer time. Theo and I went on a yarn crawl and I bought the yarn from the store we went to. It's a wool blend and it's knit in a tube, so when it's finished, I will block it to lay it flat and that way it will have essentially two layers. I'm using a size 6 circular needle, which is why it's taking so long to knit. Technically, I'm stopping two stripes sooner than the pattern calls for, but I want to make sure that I finish and give it to my mom while we're still in the throws of winter so she can wear it and enjoy it longer. Initially, I didn't know if I would have enough yarn left over to make the fringe that the pattern calls for, but since I'm stopping early, I'll be able to have plenty of leftover yarn and am looking forward to my first dabble in fringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment