Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More?



I really like Christmas. Really, really like Christmas. I received even more gifts from students today (including some very warm and sincere hugs and "Merry Christmas"s). I'm so happy that I decided to take this job, it's been such a blessing and joy to be working with kids and adults alike who are happy, kind, and generous (in more ways than one!). I can't even begin to describe how different this is compared to jobs I've had in the past. It's like I'm living in a dimension parallel to two years ago, almost so exactly that it's scary. Sure there have been ups and downs, things that were stressful or things I wasn't thrilled with doing, but that's true of any job and any situation. The difference now is that there are faaaaaaar more good days than bad, I love the work I'm doing AND my coworkers. I haven't always had both. What I'm really thankful for this year is to be able to see the way God has been working in my life. Dan and I both need kicks in the pants to get us moving and we've gotten a couple of those this year, but thankfully we've been able to stay true to our faith and to each other. I've been able to let go and let God more and more over the past year and I'm glad I have every time. I still worry about what's to come, but I also know that we will be taken care of and that I don't have to worry too much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment