Monday, August 1, 2011

A real page turner

Dan scored a half-price Kindle last week and we have been taking turns with it since then! I LOVE the free section on Amazon and have only actually purchased two books so far (one was only 99 cents). Several of my favorite classics were also free so that was awesome! It's been so nice to be able to read while nursing because the Kindle only requires the one hand :) The Kindle is also really awesome because we're so limited on space in our house, we can have all the books we want contained in a smaller area than a paperback novel. I do miss the feel of actual pages, the weight of the book in my hands, but I do admit that I've read way more in the last week than I have in the last couple of months simply because of the convenience it offers. I do feel like I read slower on it than an actual book, that could just be in my head though. I could adjust the text size and everything if I wanted to, but I think it has more to do with being able to see how many pages you've gone through rather than a percentage at the bottom of the screen. I still love it though and while it's been awesome having this one, we'll probably ask for a second one for Christmas so that we can each have our own ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment