Saturday, August 20, 2011

The $6 Pirate

Whenever I'm in Target or Walmart, I always try and stop by the baby clothes section to see if anything on sale is in the next size up for Joey for the next season. We have a TON of short sleeve onzies, never had to buy any of those either, he's been set all summer from our friends and family who bought them for the baby shower. Fall is coming up and we do have some things that are long sleeve that are a little big, but not much and I doubt they'll be big for long. Thus the shopping in the sale sections. We went to put Joey in a sleep & play for bed last night and, wouldn't you know it, he was too long for it. So Dan went and pulled out another one, same thing. Both of them 3mo sizes. The sleep & plays he has been sleeping in (which are all in the wash right now) are 3-6mo. I asked Dan to grab the pirate one I had recently picked up to see how that fit him, it's a 6mo size and it's by Target's brand Circo--which runs bigger than Carters and Gerber. It's only a little big for him, but he fits it and it should last him at least into some of the chillier weather. Even if it doesn't make it into winter, it was $6 (another reason I love the Circo brand) and I'll easily get my money's worth. Right now, Joey is sleeping on our bed. I really do think that he slept better next to our bed in the bassinet than he does in the crib outside our door. He seems to wake up at shorter intervals. This morning, he woke up between 6 and 7 so I brought him to bed to nurse and cuddle and he's been asleep since--it's now 9. I only do it when it's light outside and I need a few extra minutes of sleep. I don't sleep soundly enough with him in the bed to do have him there all night, plus I'm still scared to death of SIDS and rolling over on him. Cuddling with him works well in the mornings when I need some more sleep and it seems like he needs to be held. He's such a snugglebug :)

Knitting is progressing! I finished the 20-row chart (whatever it's called) and started it over for the second repeat. I'll be doing this all the way down the scarf and if I get daring enough (and depending completely on if I find yarn that's the same weight) I may try to add a stripe or two. I am glad that I stuck with it, I'm especially glad that I finally have something to show for my hard work and it has started to look pretty. I love this color and while I said before that I won't want to keep the scarf, I just might change my mind before it's done. The 20 rows do go pretty quickly. They're repetitive enough that I can memorize the row when I need to, but each row changes so it's enough to keep me interested. I'm still doing this while Joey's sleeping or while Dan's watching him. I do have Dan's scarf on the couch to work on while Joey's awake because that is definitely a more mindless knit than this one is. Before Joey was born, I can't remember the last time I was working on knitting, my free time was spent sleeping. I didn't anticipate not only wanting to knit after he was born, but actually having time to knit. Who knew that newborns/babies slept so much ;)

Joey and Daddy having a staring contest ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment