Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Interesting find at just the right time.



Found this while frustratingly putting things away temporarily. I've been giving the task of taking a closet full of books and somehow not only cataloging them for the library but also determining if we need 9 copies of Island of the Blue Dolphins. I had gone to said closet and was more than slightly overwhelmed by the volume of books encased within it, taking a few books with me that already had bar codes on them (and had therefore, theoretically, been cataloged) back to my classroom I started looking for places to put other things I didn't need immediately. Upon moving a few things around in a drawer in a filing cabinet, I found this plaque. It was signed on the back by several students, apparently the old teacher either didn't want it when he left or forgot where he had stashed it.

Either way, my finding it was at just the right time. I'd already been reciting one of my favorite when-I'm-overwhelmed sentences ("How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time") and this was just icing on the cake. I love working in a Catholic school and being able to acknowledge out loud when Divine Inspiration hits (or Divine Intervention, whichever). I'll put this up eventually, once I've figured out where and once I've cleared some higher priority things off my To-Do List. (Like the Insane Closet of Doom)

No comments:

Post a Comment