Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Knits!

This is my cabled skinny scarf that I'm working on. I'm following the pattern for Karaoke Cable Scarf, but the stripes were my own doing :) My favorite part about this scarf isn't the cables (as delicious as they are) or the stripes (looove stripes), it's the yarn. I call it my "namesake" yarn, it's called "Jeannee" and it's made by Plymouth. You can find some info for it here, but basically it's a worsted weight, cotton/acrylic blend. I like the soft feeling and I know I'll have to block it later (just in case I get caught in the rain wearing it), but I really do like this yarn. It can be a bit splitty and if I do this pattern with stripes again, I'll make them a bit thicker so I have less tails to weave in...

Yarn, needles, pattern, and swatch (to practice a set of cables and see how wide I wanted stripes to be)

No comments:

Post a Comment