Friday, November 25, 2011

Joey's First Thanksgiving

I made the mistake of looking back at last year's Thanksgiving post and found out that I had written it completely about Luke. Cue tears. It still hurts when I think about him for more than a few minutes or when I go visit my parents and he's not wagging his tail at the top of the stairs as I open the door.

Anyway, on to this year!

My uncles and cousins came over and we had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner complete with, not one but two sides of sauerkraut (which is apparently a Baltimore Thanksgiving staple). I'm not a fan of it so I stuck to the turkey, potatoes, and gravy myself ;) I fed Joey before dinner so he chomped on foam pieces out of a toy book while we all ate actual food. Next year he'll be able to try a little bit of everything and I'm sure he can't wait. Joey was pretty good about letting other people hold him, which can be hit or miss lately. He even liked meeting Hailey, my uncle's dog, and she was pretty curious about the little human.




No comments:

Post a Comment