Wednesday, November 2, 2011

40! Well, we HAD 40 yesterday.

This is my freezer stash. After work yesterday, I had a total of 40oz. which is more than I've ever had stored up! Then because Joey decided to get up and play yesterday at 0230, I was super tired by the time Dan got home from work, so I let him give Joey one bottle so I could get some sleep. Joey ended up being hungry later on, but I had gotten to sleep an hour or two by then.

Yesterday was a short shift at work, only 5 hours, and because Joey mostly sleeps in the morning, he didn't eat nearly as much as he normally does. He ended up only eating 6oz. and I brought home 10oz., a whole "serving" more than he ate! This is so awesome because I haven't brought home more in a long time, much less an entire bottle's worth! I have to work 9 hours tomorrow then 11 on Friday, so I'm very glad we have plenty for both days. I've continued to pump on my days off, while not as routinely as several weeks ago I'm still adding at least one or two "servings" to the freezer a day. It's a slow stash re-build, but I'm happy to see the progress as opposed to seeing it eaten the very next day. I'm still determined not to supplement with formula if I can avoid it. I'll probably still be working several days well into January and I've heard from several working-full-time moms that they either had to supplement or wean completely before the one year mark. I don't know if they didn't have time to pump at home to add to the freezer stash or what, maybe they just weren't getting enough when they did, but that's not going to be me.

When it comes to the epic battle of me vs. Joey's appetite, I will prevail!

In other news, Halloween was fun. Dan had to work so I dressed Joey in his cow costume and gave out candy for the first time since we've been married :) At the apartment, nobody knew we were upstairs, plus our walkway was not well lit and I probably wouldn't have let my kids walk all the way down and then up the stairs, PLUS I don't think there were many trick-or-treating kids in that neighborhood anyway (lots of grandparents). So this year was fun, though we didn't get nearly as many kids as we planned on and have extra candy (not complaining). I didn't want to take Joey trick-or-treating because he's 5 months old, CLEARLY that candy would have been for me lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment